- “What is Mindfulness” (9:24) – https://bit.ly/2RCreyf TEDTalk featuring Andy Puddicome. Speaks to the importance of mindfulness and being present. Ten minutes a day can change your life. And he even juggles while he talks.
- “What Does Mindfulness Mean to You…Why Is It Important?”(4:46) – https://youtu.be/iQn8Vuz_wCQ Mellissa O’Brien from MrsMindfulness.com speaks to us about what mindfulness is and what it is not. Great video to help understand why we might want to incorporate mindfulness practices into our day.
- “5 Minute Meditation” (5:16) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inpok4MKVLM This short calming video will help you to focus and centre yourself. Great for calming before, or relaxing between classes
- “Grounding Into Presence” (5:13)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYm9FkWQc0Q Brought to you by 2bpresent.com, this video was specifically designed for middle school and high school students to help them bring focus to their day. It’s pretty good for parents too!
- “Total Body Relaxation” (16:43) – https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m17pNe4D5-HsIc4SQEV_QhtWDbyF9OV3 Our very own Mrs. Orrico leads us through a gentle series of exercises and self-awareness strategies intended to reduce stress and bring relaxation.
- “Cleansing Meditation” (16:00) – https://bit.ly/34RBzMi Our own Mrs. Orrico is back to lead us through a meditation exercise designed to relieve stress, slow down your brain and bring relaxation.
- “No Excuses Chair Yoga” (15:08) – https://bit.ly/2RSfsjw – Like the title says, there’s no excuse to not do these exercises during your work or class day. Stay loose and relaxed as Mrs. Orrico leads you through the routine!
- “Gentle Yoga Stretches” (40:27) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QXCKe1W5Op8U9BWbnsnaxCJXFfmw5wxr Mrs. Orrico is back at it as she leads us through a beginning Yoga routine. Guaranteed to leave you relaxed and ready for the rest of your day.
- “Granger’s Boot Camp” (2:10) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6PWhC32leE Coach Jeff Granger leads you through a series of six exercises designed to get your heart rate up and burn those calories. Don’t let the length of the video fool you. You’ll sweat to this one!
- “Aeroboxing” (10:07) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV52vZHznc8 Get your water bottle ready because you are going to need it! Willmer Márquez leads you through a fun, rigorous Aero Box class. Heart pounding music, energy, and cardio fitness. What else could you ask for?
- “Training” (14:55) – https://youtu.be/hwiX7vIQtBA UAS Fútbol Coach and local PE teacher Manuel Silvera lead a four-part workout that focuses on Warm-UP, Core, Cardio, and Flexibility. Good for all ages! Here is a link to the workout instructions: https://bit.ly/3afgEnf
- “Planification” (6:21) – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bkdrA_yLP_QqsLU5Tw9frc2LP3eTST81/view?usp=sharing UAS Fútbol Coach and local PE Teacher Diego Gutiérrez lead you through a series of workouts designed to build endurance and tone at the same time. Here is a link to the workout instructions: https://bit.ly/34AOn9z.
- “CardioCoach” (2:43) – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdDLq4p52Cwv1sqzMohPp7vlt8sIUUpb/view?usp=sharing UAS Women’s Volleyball and local PE Teacher Florencia Pérez is going to get you moving through a workout that requires no special equipment but is sure to get you moving.
- “Zumba Class” (7:47) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSAiAEEr6Sk Willmer Márquez leads you through a fun, rigorous Zumba class. Heart pounding music, energy, and cardio fitness. Stay tuned for more!
“Basketball: Improve Your Shooting Technique” (2:37) – https://bit.ly/3fmff23 Former collegiate and professional basketball player Jeff Granger, Jr., Coach Granger’s son, leads this great video designed to help you improve your shooting technique. He claims he shoots better than a coach. Jump on and see!
“Basketball: Dribbling and Ball Control” (2:50) – https://bit.ly/2W4CkPs Jason Granger, son of Coach Granger, and current professional basketball player in Spain, leads you through a series of drills that will help you refine that crossover and improve your basketball handles! See if you can keep up!
ARTS & ACTIVITIES
- “Family Art – From Trash to Terrific!” (4:40) https://drive.google.com/
file/d/1KXSlByJFAjOcUEyDNIR2- Rmw8rvBZpc2/view Ms. Tendai shares some great ideas about how to take regular household items that may be headed to the trashcan and transform them into beautiful art for the household. The entire family can work on this together.
- “Bottle Bricks” (1:00) https://youtu.be/SiujdJ5LXjk Students from Mr. Wilkinson’s class present a short video showing how we can recycle plastic and create usable “Bottle Bricks” for the home or school. Work together as a family to build this useful landscaping and household items, or build them to bring to the school when we come back together. We use them in a variety of ways at UAS. Maybe pair this activity with Ms. Tendai’s art lesson and decorate the bottles too!
- “Family Art 2: Bottle Art Deco 2” (3:37) – https://bit.ly/34RzRKS Ms. Tendai is at it again. Check out this video sharing a family art project in honour of Earthday.
- “Conservation Awareness Art Project” – https://bit.ly/2KmtLc1 Learn about species of animals on the Critically Endangered List. Make art about it. Then share your art to help other people learn what you have learned.
- “Bottle Bricks 2” (2:03) – https://youtu.be/HG6YjZRiH50 UAS 8th grade students are at it again with a bottle brick challenge. Are you up for it? Save the planet while still creating something useful for the home or our school!
- “Eco Structures With Bottle Bricks” (2:28) – https://bit.ly/3fk3pFB Come learn from Ms. Tendai as she teaches how to take your amazing bottle brick projects and turn them into useful structures.
- “Family Art – From Trash to Terrific!” (4:40) https://drive.google.com/
HEALTH, DIET & NUTRITION
- 1.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, April 15, 2020. This week from Ms. Marisa Cao, Ms. Elisa Pereira, and Ms. Eloísa Harley, we provide links to valuable resources on how to deal with anxiety, the benefits of Vitamin C, and how to organize your cooking, recipes included!
- 2.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, April 22, 2020. This week Ms. Werlin, our Nutritionist Ms. Harley, and Nurse Elisa give some advice on mental calm and serenity during these times, ergonomics when working at your computer and some healthy sweet and tasty recipes!
- 3.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, April 29, 2020. This week Ms. Cao, Ms. Werlin, Ms. Harley, and Nurse Elisa give some advice on being grateful, how to handle and deal with emotions, face masks, and how to stay healthy with the upcoming arrival of winter!
- 4.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, May 6, 2020. Ms. Harley and Nurse Elisa give some tips on Accident Prevention at Home and a new healthy and delicious menu for the week!
- 5.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, May 13, 2020. Let´s get Physical! with some tips on physical activity and relaxation techniques plus Nurse Elisa and some advice on going out with children and Ms. Cao with some guidance to make the best of this unprecedented experience.
- 6.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, May 27, 2020. This week “How can I avoid eye strain during this period of time studying and working from home?” from Nurse Elisa and how during stressful times we can make stress work positively for us from Ms. Cao.
- 7.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, June 3, 2020. This week Nurse Elisa, Ms. Cao, and Ms. Werlin write about stressful times and how we can make stress work positively for us.
- 8.Info and tips from our UAS Wellness Team, June 10, 2020. This week the Health & Wellness Team share some tips to take into account when in holidays.
- Saldún de Rodríguez 2375 Montevideo, Uruguay
- Phone: +598 2600 7681 ext. 100
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alyssa Lorch, Admissions Officer
- Email: email@example.com
- Matthew Beata, Director